Your Holli Care Manager is also your Patient Advocate! He or she will make sure that your needs are communicated clearly to your health care providers and their staff. On your behalf and as needed, a patient advocate will:
- Provide detailed information about your health to your health care providers, to help ensure that you get the attention you need, especially for not-so-obvious problems.
- Request records transfers so that all health care providers have your medical history.
- Keep prescription information up to date for all your care providers and you.
- Keep track of appointments and follow-up care needs.
- Arrange transportation to appointments; arrange for someone to accompany the patient when appropriate.
- Inform family of important changes in your health.
- Ask questions that the patient may not know are important.
- Provide home follow-up for any health care provider’s orders.
- Provide in-patient advocacy and assist with discharge planning
- Our Care Mangers stand by you …
- Home safety eval…..smoke, fire detectors…extinguisher…..furnace/air filter
- Ambulation safety eval…door width for wc/walker/lifts, ramps, non skid, railings
- DME Safety eval….grab bars, wc, walker, lifts, chairs, beds, etc
- Est Emergency plan
- Communicate with treating physicians
- Act as liaison with providers
- Provide patient and family education
- Assess for and coordinate additional services and DME
- Modification needs assessment & arrangement
- Medication Management
- Skilled Nursing services
- Coordinate with multi-disciplinary team to plan treatment procedure and contingency plans as per individual requirement.
- Identify clinical lapses and issues that violate specified standards and intimate relevant personnel for rectification.
- Document and update case management plan as per latest development in treatment and recovery processes.